- Pall Mall,Manchester,M2 4DL
- Telephone: 0161 464 7538
- Email: [email protected]
- Monday – Thursday: 08.30 – 17.30
- Friday: 08.30 – 14.00
Patient Complaints Procedure
Code of practice for patient complaints at Smylife
It is our aim to always have satisfied patients, to meet your expectations of care and service, and to resolve any complaints as efficiently, effectively, and politely as possible. We take complaints very seriously, and we investigate them in a full and fair way, taking great care to protect your confidentiality. We learn from complaints to improve our care and service. We will never discriminate against patients who have made a complaint.
If you are not entirely satisfied with any aspect of our care or service, please let us know as soon as possible to allow us to address your concerns promptly.
Rachel Miller is the Complaints Manager and will be your personal contact to assist you with any complaints. If your verbal complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction within 24 hours or if you complain in writing, the Complaints Manager will acknowledge it in writing within 3 working days and will aim to provide a full response in writing.
If the Complaints Manager is unavailable, we will take brief details about the complaint and will arrange a meeting for when the person is next available. We will keep comprehensive and confidential records of your complaint, which will be stored securely and accessible only by those who need to know about your complaint.
If the complaint investigation takes longer than anticipated, the Complaints Manager will keep you informed of the reason for the delay, the progress of the investigation, and the proposed date it will be completed.
When the investigation has been completed, you will be informed of its outcome in writing and invited to a meeting to discuss the results and any practical solutions that we can offer to you. These solutions could include replacing treatment, refunding fees paid, referring you for specialist treatments, or other solutions that meet your needs and resolve the complaint.
We regularly analyse patient complaints to learn from them and to improve our services. That’s why we always welcome your feedback, comments, suggestions and complaints. If you are dissatisfied with our response to a complaint, you can take it further. Please see the contacts below.
- You can contact the GDC private dental complaints service within 12 months of the treatment or within 12 months of becoming aware of the issue by calling 020 8253 0800 or visiting www.dentalcomplaints.org.uk
- The General Dental Council is responsible for regulating all dental professionals. You can complain using their online form at www.gdc-uk.org or contact them on [email protected] or telephone 020 7167 6000.
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC) who regulates private and NHS dental care services in England by calling 03000 6161661. They can take action against a service provider that is not meeting their standards.
- The Parliamentary Health Ombudsman (England) by calling 0345 015 4033 or visiting www.ombudsman.org.uk
We also welcome any feedback in our feedback surveys which can obtained in paper or email form. Please ask a member of our reception team